Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The nose, the eyes and the ears have it...

Well, things have been pretty exhausting around the Lam household these days.  But really, when aren't they? There always seems to be something going on.  But this time, our poor little one is suffering from double ear infections and Pink Eye in both eyes.  Yikes! is right.

Our days now consist of me constantly wiping Mason's nose - and him learning to turn and run (as only he can do, which is crawl really fast) away from me at the sight of a wipe or burp cloth heading straight for his face.  It also consists of us yelling at Tucker to stop helping - he doesn't need to lick Mason's face, mommy and daddy can wipe it themselves.  And him crying his eyes out when we have to lay him down for Woei to suction his nose.

The nights are pretty tiring as well because he's up every few hours either crying because he hurts in some way, shape or form, or 'cause he's hungry (because his appetite is low since he's sick and he hardly eats during the daytime) or 'cause he's having a coughing fit and that then upsets him and he cries more.  And then he hurls because he has his dad's gag reflex (which is basically the most hyper-sensitive reflex I've ever seen in a human), so he yacks all the milk he just put down all over himself...and me, and that then warrants a run to the bathroom to wipe him off so he doesn't smell like puke. Then I have Woei next to me gagging and trying not to hurl himself and I'm like, "Really? Get it together...I'm not cleaning up your puke." All this is at 3 in the morning.

You know the movie, "Four Christmases" with Vince Vaughn and Reece Witherspoon? And the scene where she's holding the baby and it spits up all over her and Vince V's character is gagging and yelling, "Get it away from me! I'm going to do it too, get it away!"  (By the way, if you haven't seen the movie, it's pretty hilarious, so check it out).  Well, that's what it's like when Woei is around the puke.  He's not screaming, but he's definitely gagging himself.  I feel bad for the guy, I do - he just can't take it.  He says it's because of all the drainage that he is now suffering from as a result of catching Mason's cold.  I believe him (I guess).  Love ya' babe!

Anyway, so that's that.  Exciting, isn't it?

We wouldn't have it any other way.

Link to Four Christmases baby scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbXysougJ5c&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about the pink eye/ear infections. Try some omnicef.

    ReplyDelete