Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our Tucker

I really, honestly, with all my heart, meant to post this yesterday on the actual day (you'll know what I'm talking about in a minute).  However, I passed out and didn't even hear Woei come to bed after he stayed up past our bedtime of 9 o'clock to work on a presentation he has today.  Unfortunately, it's my turn to get Mason's cold and my head was a little fuzzy and so I zonked.  Anyway, here's my post that I meant to post yesterday.  Let's just pretend I did that, okay? Thanks so much.

Today is our beloved Tucker-boy's 3rd Birthday! Where has the time gone? Now our baby can drink! Haha...

No really, technically in dog-years he's 21.  We may let him have a little sip of some beer.  It's the only proper right-of-passage tradition to do on one's 21st birthday, right? I wonder what he'd do? He may vomit - he's got quite the sensitive stomach.  He vomits after he eats too many green beans (a.k.a., Mason's leftovers)...and plastic (a.k.a., Mason's plastic balls from his Toy Story ball blower-upper thingy - I'm soooo up on the names of toys these days, can't you tell?).  It never fails - green beans? He yaks.  Plastic balls? Give it a day, sometimes hours.  Rawhide bone? Eventually something will come up.  Does this stop him, though? Nooo-ho-ho!  He'll gobble up green beans in a flash.  Swipe a plastic ball quicker than Mason can say, "no, no dog-dog!"  And do you really, honestly expect a dog to turn down a rawhide bone? I mean, I think it's programmed into their genetic code to love to gnaw on rawhide, as much as it is to lick their....well, you get my point.  He's sensitive.

So maybe the whole beer thing won't be such a good idea after all... 

We may just drink one for him and tell him how it is.

Anyhoo, it's his birthday and we love him to pieces! Mason got in the spirit as well and decided to write him a birthday poem, too.  (FYI, if you don't know the scoop on the whole birthday poem thing, check out Tucker's website and read the post from September 23rd, 2010 - it's how it all began...)  Here it is:

Happy Birthday, dog-dog!
You are so soft and fluffy.
I like to steal your food from you
And watch you get all huffy.
I like it when you nip my butt
When I try to make you dance.
What are little brothers here for,
But to annoy you at every chance?
I like to drop you left-over food
When you beg for it at my feet.
All in all, you are the best dog-dog
Because you are so sweet.
Happy Birthday!!!

Happy Birthday, Tucker!! We love you bunches!!! You're the best dog ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment